Facebook allows you to hide the number of reactions on posts. You can change the settings so that only reactions are hidden for you, for your friends, or both. Changing how you or your Facebook friends see likes on your posts is an easy update in your Settings on Facebook.
How to hide reactions on posts
1. After logging into Facebook, click the down arrow button in the upper-right corner of the screen and click on the Settings & Privacy option.
2. Then select News Feed Preferences
3. Click Reaction Preferences
As of 8/14/2021 you will be presented with two options:
- On posts from others – Turn this on if you don’t want to see the number of reactions to posts from others in your network.
- On your posts – Turn this on if you don’t want others to see how many reactions your posts receive.
You can choose the settings that match what how you want reactions to appear on Facebook. I will say that if you select the second option, other users in your network will see a message notifying them that only you can see the number of reactions to the post. I originally had that option turned on, but switched it off.
Facebook allows you to adjust who can see the reactions to your posts by updating the Reaction Preferences on your account.
You have two options when adjusting this reaction preference:
- On posts from others – hides the number of reactions from you
- On your posts – hides the number of reactions from others in your network